Established in 2012, the MBA Research Business Coalition for Education is a not-for-profit coalition of professional and trade associations and foundations committed to supporting the teaching of critical business concepts and skills in the nation’s high schools.
All professional associations, trade associations, and many foundations are invited to participate.
Coalition Mission: Encourage the teaching of core business skills and economic concepts for college- and career-ready high school curricula.
Chapter Benefits of Membership
- Active contribution to the success of high school students locally and nationwide
- Recognition as a (non-financial) Chapter Sponsor of student certifications and accredited school programs as offered by MBA Research.
- Opportunity for chapter publicity via local and association press, web, and social network (with PR support via MBA Research publicity initiatives)
- Member engagement via continuing online and local opportunities facilitated by MBA Research
- Chapter and individual member feedback and recognition by MBA Research
- Opportunities to participate/present at national conferences of business faculty
Activities of the Coalition
- Member participation in online surveys and discussion groups (15 minutes/month) to influence:
- Business course curricula (national model)
- Criteria for national student certification exams
- Student recognition programs (local, state, and national)
- Encourage real-world learning opportunities for local students
- Recognize high-performing students (locally determined with MBA Research guidance)
- Advocate among community leaders as appropriate
- Recognize local high school business administration programs that have achieved national accreditation
Requirements of Coalition Membership
- Approval of the association board/leadership
- Acceptance by MBA Research
- Appointment of a key contact
- Participation in Coalition planning
- Member participation in MBA Executive Advisory Network
- Endorsement of National Business Administration Standards derived from Coalition and other business input
The MBA Research Coalition of Professional and Trade Associations is an initiative of the Marketing & Business Administration Research and Curriculum Center (dba MBA Research), a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization. MBA Research was established in 1971 and is operated by a consortium of state education departments. Its mission is to support educators in the preparation of students for careers in business.
Coalition Meeting a Success in Nebraska
Business, industry, and education leaders gathered on May 11 in Lincoln at the Nebraska Bankers Association to attend a meeting held by the Nebraska affiliate of the national MBA Business Coalition for Education. Bonnie Sibert and Jacqui Garrison of the Nebraska Department of Education facilitated the meeting along with Rick Mangini of the MBA Research and Curriculum Center.
Organizations, associations and chambers represented at the meeting were: AIM Institute, AKSARBEN Foundation, Avenue Scholars, Health Center Association of Nebraska, Nebraska Bankers Association, Nebraska Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Nebraska Independent Community Bankers, Nebraska Retail Federation, Nebraska State Human Resource Management Association, Nebraska State Human Resource Management Association—Lincoln Chapter, Nebraska Business and Industry Council—Economic Development, and Nebraska Business and Industry—Labor. Read more.