Grant supports new learning modules
Hands-on Workshop: Teaching Ethical Decision-Making in Business
Special thanks to the Daniels Fund for a major grant supporting the development and revision of comprehensive courses and learning modules for business and marketing education.
Ethics and ethical decision-making are the ultimate business advantage. The Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative: High School program is changing the way that business administration teachers discuss ethical decisions with their students nationwide.
In partnership with the Daniels Fund, MBA Research is developing new course guides and learning modules to support a wide variety of business administration courses, including those supporting programs in:
This brand new initiative provides tools and training to
- Integrate ethical decision-making throughout the curriculum
- Introduce "business" through a new leadership course
- Earn digital badges (micro credentials) to document achievement
- Incorporate ethics into competitive events
Leave this one-day workshop with:
- Greater understanding of the Daniels Fund and the Eight Ethical Principles
- Strategies for utilizing (free) learning modules (LAPs) to deliver ethics education
- Details for accessing content via the online MBA Learning Center
- An understanding of (free) course guide components and their application
- Activities and lesson plans to put into practice in the classroom
- Access to the brand new (free) leadership course guide
- Access to free revised course guides: 12 to be released through 2020
- Access to free comprehensive learning modules (LAPs): 50+ through 2018
- Specific teaching ideas
- Teacher scholarship opportunities for in-depth training to implement new leadership course
Who should attend: This specialized workshop is designed primarily for high school business and marketing teachers who emphasize core business content. (Not recommended for programs focused primarily on technology.)
Registration: $189 (Member: $119) includes light lunch, breaks, and access to extensive library of instructional tools and curricula.
Click here for the hotel room block with a special group rate for the Brighton location.
Below are links to PowerPoint slides and handouts used in the designated conferences, workshops, webinars, and other professional development opportunities. These materials are copyrighted. We are happy to make them available to you as a value-added for the PD event you attended. However, you may not use these materials except for your own learning, without prior permission. You may not use them as part of your own presentations unless you obtain written permission in advance.
Conclave downloads are available on the Conclave Speaker Materials page.
2016 New Advisor Workshop, International DECA Conference
2013 DECA Western Region Leadership Conference
2013 NCLA/ACTE "Accreditation"
GA Administrators 2012
Analysis of Student Performance - ASK Institute Certification PowerPoint Download