Comprehensive Learning Modules
(Student and Instructor Elements)
Three ways to access MBA LAPs:
- Traditional hard-copy print, including CopyIt! License; purchase PowerPoint for each LAP separately.
- Direct Download (PDF) version of print copy, delivered digitally; purchase PowerPoint for each LAP separately.
- MBA Learning Center: all digital, online, with print options; includes PowerPoints. MBA Learning Center includes all content from all current LAPs, plus additional material as it becomes available.
To locate LAP Modules and PowerPoints in the online store, see the Learning Modules menu item.
For a list of our current LAPs, click here.
For LAP and PowerPoint pricing, click here.
To a download sample LAP, click here.
To learn about our MBA Learning Center (online access to all LAPs and PowerPoints), click here.
Interested in field testing/field reviewing our LAPs? Click here.
Click here for a webinar about LAP Modules.
Leadership Attitude Performance
Each LAP instructional module is a comprehensive, ready-to-use lesson plan designed to help make your preparation easy, fast, and relevant. Each module supports and provides instruction for an industry-validated performance indicator or competency and focuses on developing leadership skills, positive career-oriented attitude, and both technical and academic performance.
Each LAP provides easy and direct access to the content reflected in the national standards for marketing, management, finance, and business administration. LAPs are beneficial for your students because they deliver what's important with the depth needed to make a difference. Providing significantly more depth than a typical textbook, each LAP module will:
- Save time in lesson preparation
- Offer current up-to-date examples
- Make you the expert with easy-to-use anecdotes and examples
- Help you focus on what’s important
- Ensure quality, aligned curriculum
- Provide valid, reliable, ready-to-use tests
- Offer easy-to-use, hands-on activities
- Relate directly to competencies
- Connect directly to work-based learning
- Support competitive events
Each LAP is ready to use--no special preparation and no lesson plans to write! We provide you with everything needed, including:
- Student Guide Narrative (in lieu of textbook)
- Instructional objectives
- Core narrative
- So What! rationale
- Gray Zone ethics case
- Discussion guide
- Ready-to-use activities & projects
- Practice test/Practice Test key
- Posttest/Posttest Key
- Presentation Software (PowerPoint) optional
Advantages of Using LAPs
- Each module is a complete, ready-to-use lesson plan that makes preparation of a quality lesson fast and easy.
- Each title focuses specifically on an industry-validated competency.
- Content is based on real-life businesses.
- Each LAP is performance-oriented, with the specific intent of providing rigorous and relevant knowledge and skills that will provide value for both college and careers.
- Each LAP is designed from the national standards up as opposed to building crosswalks after the fact.
- Each module is field-tested and/or field-reviewed by real instructors and real students.
- The content drills deeper than most textbooks, putting an emphasis on learning to “do” something rather than simply learning “about” lots of different things.
- LAPs and their collateral materials are an instructional system with each part, each activity, working toward the same instructional objective.
- Each LAP is designed to support learning for mastery.
- The modular approach makes it easier for instructors to pick and choose the material most appropriate for a given class or student.
- Each module is leveled by a curriculum planning level to help match curriculum with the needs of local students.
- They directly support competitive events (e.g., DECA, BPA, FBLA).
- They directly support preparation for A*S*K Institute certification.
- They provide a strong tool for competitve event preparation because of their performance orientation, strong assessment tools, and in-depth treatment of content.
Our unique CopyIT! release allows you to make additional copies for use in your school building, of any or all portions of any LAP Module purchased. Click here for more info.
Free LAP Modules
We extend our deep appreciation to the Daniels Fund for its support of our work. A generous grant from the fund is supporting our initiatives to integrate ethical decision-making into our course guides and to build some 70 online instructional modules (LAPs) that will address ethics in the context of the national standards. These materials will be available free as they are released over the next five years. Many now available!
How to Access
Click here to hear what teachers and students are saying about LAP Modules.